Class 8 - Math Test - 1
1. Evaluate 2-1 [(4⁄3)3 + (3⁄4)-2] ÷ 14⁄3 and write the result in exponential form with negative exponent.
2. Solve: -2 < 2x⁄3 + 2 ≤ 10, x ∈ I
3. 3⁄n+5 = 4⁄3-n, find the value of n.
4. The volume of milk in a tank is twice of that in the other. If, we draw out 50 litres from the first and add it to other, the volumes of water in each tank will be the same. Find the volumes of water in each tank.
5. Find the product of (5a2bc⁄6) × (-5ab2c) × (c2ba⁄4).
6. Identify the pair of like term from below option.
a) 5x2yz, 5xyz b) 3y, 3z
c) 2ab2c, -8ab2c d) 5pq, -3qr
7. The cell of amoeba double in every 30 mins. A zoologist begins with a single cell. How many cells will be in 12hr?
a) 212 b) 22
c) 224 d) 216
8. Solve: 5⁄2 − z⁄2 < -3, z ∈ N
9. What should be subtracted from the polynomial m4 + 4m3 + m2 − 9m − 18 so that the resulting polynomial is exactly divisible by m2 − 3 − m.
10. Solve this linear equation p-3⁄5 = p+1⁄2 + 3
11. Multiply (-6ab2⁄5) by (65a2b⁄36).
12. Solve the inequality:
-1⁄3 ≤ 1⁄2 − x⁄5 < 2, x ∈ I
2⁄3(2x + 1) + 5 ≤ 3 + 5⁄3(x + 1), x ∈ I
15. Rita and Gita are friend. They have equal amount of money in their pockets. Rita gave 1⁄4 of her money to Gita for buying books and Gita buy books by paying half of the total money with her. If the remaining money in Gita's pocket is Rs. 1600, then find the sum given by Rita.
16. The length and breadth of a rectangular box are (x + 3y) units and (5x − y) units respectively. The perimeter of this rectangular box is equal to the perimeter of square box. Find how much is the area of the rectangular box is less than that of the square?
x⁄4 + 1⁄5 < x⁄8 + 1⁄2, x ∈ W
18. Arrange the multiplicand in right order of power of given expressions below and multiply.
(3x4 − 5x2 + 2x − 3x3 + 4) by (x2 − 3x + 5)
19. A beverage factory has annual sales of 4 billion 950 million litre of beverage. Express this number in the standard form.
20. Solve the linear equation and find the value of 't'.
t+3⁄4 − 3t-4⁄5 + t-3⁄3 = 0
If you want to download the above Sample question, please click below link.
Math Test - 1Download the pdf
Math Test AnswerDownload the pdf
Copyright © 2022 LetsPlayMaths.com. All Rights Reserved.